Ben Brode is pretty much the spokesperson for Hearthstone game design and decisions made by the team. He’s been getting a lot of tweets from the community about the Priest card Purify since it was revealed earlier this week and made a video to discuss the card.
If you don’t have time or can’t watch the video here is what he says about the card in summary:
- Purify will not be available for picking in the arena.
- Purify has been designed to be a ‘fun’ card, not a strong competitive card.
- He is aware Priest is not as strong a class as most the other classes right now.
- Ideally, Priest would have some archetypes that can achieve a 50% win ratio.
- The designers want Dragon Priest to be stronger after the release of One Night in Karazhan.